Best Detergent for Cloth Diapers
If you want to save some money and the environment you would prefer cloth diapers. Using cloth diapers, you might be facing a few challenges. The biggest challenge among all is making the cloth diapers as clean as they were in the beginning.
For this job, you will have to buy the best detergent for cloth diapers. Many moms prefer to wash all their laundry with a single detergent. Some other moms want to add some security and want to use a product that is specially engineered for a baby. You want to protect the skin of your baby so you would never buy a product that contains such ingredients that can irritate your baby’s skin.
6 best detergent for cloth diapers
There are lots of detergents that are specially designed for washing cloth diapers. Top 5 detergents are given below:1. Dreft Pur-Touch Liquid
It is the best laundry detergent for baby clothes. This detergent comes in four different formats. The formula of Pur-Touch is 65% plant-based. A good thing about this product is it is manufactured using renewable wind power that means zero manufacturing waste is added to landfills. This product contains 3 bio-based enzymes, 3 petroleum-based products, and 4 mineral-based products.
- It is available in four formulas (Three liquids and one powder)
- The process of manufacturing is eco-friendly
- This product is hypoallergenic
- Dreft does not contain dye, phosphates, chlorine and optical brighteners
- It has a strong fragrance that can be annoying for some users
- It might not be too much effective on poop stains
- Price of this product is on a higher side
- It contains multiple ingredients so those mothers who like to keep things simple might not like this product.
Dreft and Tide both are the products of Proctor and Gamble so both of these have lots of things in common. This detergent is 65% plant-based. Electricity generated from renewable wind power is used for its manufacturing. Seven plant-based ingredients are used in the manufacturing of this product. By using a smart label link you can find out complete detail about all the ingredients.
3. All Free Clear OXI Liquid
This detergent is also a baby-friendly version. This product contains OXI which means oxygen bleach that is gentler than chlorine bleach, and it is safe for the baby’s clothes. These detergents also contain the power of stain removal so poop stains can easily be removed. You might not get complete detail of the ingredients. If you don’t want to buy this product just because of oxygen bleach, then the OXI free version also available.
All free clear detergent versions are safe for sensitive skin and it is recommended by pediatricians, dermatologists, and allergists.
4. Rockin’ Green Platinum Series Dirty Diaper Powdered Laundry Detergent
This detergent contains maximum cleaning power. This product does not contain harsh chemicals or toxins that are usually found in other laundry detergents. Just one scoop of Rockin can clean the entire laundry load. It is an excellent choice for washing heavily soiled cloth diapers. It will offer clean wear for your baby.
There are no disadvantages to this product. It is a perfect detergent for cloth diapers.
5. Baby Ecos Free and Clear Disney Liquid
This company is producing eco-friendly cleaners for more than 50 years. These products are manufactured using renewable energy. This detergent has a simple formula. It contains the natural qualities of coconut oil that will not have any negative effect on cloth diapers. Ecos focuses on producing eco-friendly products.
- These products contain limited ingredients
- This product can be used in all the washing machines
- This product will make your clothes soft
- It will provide good cleaning overall
- This product is only available in liquid form
- On tough stains, this product might not work well
6. Seventh Generation 4X for Baby
Moms who love to use natural products would love this detergent. The company focuses on producing environment-friendly products. This product contains more than 30 ingredients. This product is almost 95% bio-based. Good for cleaning cloth diapers.
- It offers different choices of formulas such as liquid, powder, and pack
- It is effective for stains removal
- This product is concentrated so a little quantity can do the job
- It contains natural fragrance which is derived from essential oils
- For those moms who like to keep things simple, it might not be a good choice because it contains more than 30 ingredients.
- There are some iffy ingredients in this product that are not liked by most of the moms.
Efforts have been made to get the information as accurate and updated as possible. If you found any incorrect information with credible source, please send it via the contact us form
Family Man. He is a family man and married with 1 child. Spent countless nights changing diaper and surprised how outdated diapers are. Nevertheless, there is no solution yet as a parent, just want to research more about diapers.
Read His Personal Blog
Be first to know in our weekly newsletter!